11 Aug 2019
High School Reunion Tips
Like death and taxes, the high school reunion is a fact of life. Have you ever been to yours? I find myself in the lucky bunch that I’ve truly enjoyed all my reunions. Each had its own vibe based on where we were in life.
This August I had the opportunity to see many of my Edina High School classmates for a big reunion year. Interesting tidbits included the fact that nearly 95% of attendees did not bring significant others. Seemed that was a good choice for most. On the heels of my reunion, Twin Cities Live on ABC Minneapolis asked me to come on the show to share tips for a successful reunion.
Co-host Elizabeth Ries found the info helpful as she was preparing for her 20th reunion within a few days. Here are some highlights of what we discussed:
Before You Go
1) Find out who else is going through social media or asking
2) Drop a line to former classmates and plan to meet there
3) Invite buddies to meet for a drink or dinner ahead of the reunion
At the Reunion
1) Be your most authentic self
2) Bring your best attitude
3) Leave the past behind and enjoy the moment