28 May 2020
Make Sure Your Video Meetings Aren’t Stressing You Out
The COVID-19 pandemic really put Zoom on the map and has made every other video meeting platform step up its game. Because of this, we’ve seen our co-workers and friends at their best and worst as we are invited into their home offices, kitchens, and even bedrooms.
I hope you are one of the folks who’s found your voice as well as your best video self in order to get your work done. If not, here are some Do’s and Dont’s to help you out.
Top Do’s for Your Video Meetings
1. Make sure the light source is in front of you and not behind you
2. Check in early or on time to show respect for the meeting host and attendees
3. Frame yourself so there’s equal space around you
4. Schedule breaks between meetings to re-set your brain and mindset
Top Dont’s for Your Video Meetings
1. Skip distracting clothing or accessories
2. Don’t forget to use your mute button when appropriate
3. Stay away from windows or distracting scenes as your background
4. Avoid the “up-your-nose” shot